Sunday, December 6, 2015

I WAS ROBBED AND COACH WAS TRASHED!!!!

There is nothing like calling the service repair place to see how they are coming along on your rig to find out they just discovered that your coach had been broken into and completely trashed and you were robbed. UGH! Can I say a swear word here? S#!T

There is a deep feeling of utter dispare in the the pit of my stomach because I have no idea as to how bad it is.  On top of that I am recovering from eye surgery and am suppose to be taking it easy. DOUBLE SWEAR! 

This was on Friday, December 4 at about 11:00 a.m. The owner of the repair shop tried to call the police but they said I had to call them and be there when they arrived. I hopped into my car and headed out to Oklahoma City thinking "I didn't need this right now, I just need my rig to be fixed and to be on the road heading south." Needless to say I was not a happy camper. 

I pulled into the lot, got the keys to the rig and found a ladder to get up into the rig as there's no power to the steps. I was hesitant to open the door not
knowing what I would find. What greeted me for the moment was a nightmare as I had to be very careful not to disturb a crime scene.  


I called the police and reported the break-in. While waiting for them I did a quick look about to see what if anything had been taken. Whoever had been in my coach had taken most everything in the overhead bins out and dumped it on the floor.  They ripped up a Dooney and Bourke wallet looking for money.  They maybe got all of $3.00, the wallet was worth more than what they took.



Looking at the destruction was overwhelming, however it could have been so much worse. They could have taken the syrup, mustard and ketchup and emptied the bottles all over the place. They could have taken all of my Tastefully Simple stock that I had in the rig and stole it or dumped it all over the place which they didn't. So for
that I am blessed and very thankful that they didn't.



Officer Moon came out and took a report and pictures. She was very nice and had a calming effect, I liked her. She kind of reminded me of "Officer Janko on Blue Bloods." She did the Oklahoma City Police Department South-side proud as far as I am concerned. 

Once the report was made and pictures taken, I had to lock up and head back to Norman for a Doctor's appointment.  The second shot of a two stage Pneumonia vaccine that takes a year to administer but I will never have to have it again. I went to bed totally exhausted and my arm was in pain as the shot hurt like a son of a gun. I could barely lift my arm to get my jammies on. I woke up in the middle of the night suddenly thinking that I did not remember seeing the hood of my coach.  Did they take that too? Needless to say I didn't get much sleep.

I called shop first thing Saturday morning to check on the hood and they had it stored in the shop. Whew!!! One less thing to worry about. Later that morning I went to a Winnebago Club Christmas luncheon at the National Cowboy Hall of Fame.  It was very nice and the food was very good. Anything to take my mind off the present situation.  Anyone can go and have a nice lunch there. Afterwards I headed back over to the shop where the coach was and started cleaning up and getting things put back where they belong. 

It was then when I realized the vandals had stolen my new fireplace heater.  I had just purchased it at the beginning of October and was looking forward to using it this winter to warm my coach. Looks like I will have to add it to the police report. 


One of the things that I thought they had made off with was the Christmas presents for the boys but low and behold I found them.  They had been pulled out and dumped on the far side of the bed, but not broken, small wonder since some of the gifts had been made from fragile balsa wood. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon getting the coach put back together and looking like normal.  It was close to 5:00 p.m. when I started to shut things down as I was running out of daylight.  I did a double check on the windows and discovered the vandals had unlocked a large side window in the coach so I got that relocked. I guess they thought they would come back and get more...wrong! 

I went back into the shop to give the owner my keys for the evening. He looked at me and remarked that he couldn't see how I could be smiling to which I remarked, "I can either let this get me down or I can see good things come from it and I choose the latter!" He came over and gave me a big hug then turned to a customer and said " She always has a smile on her face!" 

A lot of people will ask if I have any recourse. No, not really. There was no damage to the coach. The item taken does not meet the minimum deduction for insurance. It will be easier for me to just replace it. It is just time out of my day...sweat labor if you will that I will pay. In 19 years the owner has only been hit 3 times, not enough to install razor wire and fencing or guard dogs. He does have cameras but the police do nothing unless it is a violent crime. So as they say S.O.L. 

I have many blessings in my life.  This little incident turned out to be a blessing.  There is so much that could have been so bad. I figure it was kids who really didn't know what they had in front of them. There was so much for them to take or destroy, they had no idea.  If all they took was a fireplace heater, then they needed it more than I did. I can replace it. I can forgive them, for it is in my heart to do so. Isn't that what Christmas is about? Love and forgiveness? 

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!






1 comment:

  1. so sorry this happened to you Susie, that is just so frustrating and wrong. At least you have a positive attitude and that helps a lot. Hopefully your coach will get repaired and you can get on the road again. Take care and I hope you have a blessed Christmas

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.