Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Fun Week and Weekend Behind Me...

I'm sitting in my recliner resting after a fun week and weekend with about 80 people and 40 coaches in Shawnee, Oklahoma at the Oklahoma Winnebago State Rally. 

The week started on Tuesday with a tour of the National Weather Center in Norman Oklahoma. The
National Weather Center
facility is impressive and the latest in technology in weather forcasting. It is also an amazing place to visit and see the inner workings about what takes place behind the scenes of forcasting the weather and what it takes to keep us safe. People from all over the world come there to learn all about meteorology. The tour was free and our tour guide was very interesting. We had lunch in the Flying Cow CafĂ©, named after the scene in the movie "Twister".  I stood too long and was not able to drive the coach over to Shawnee. I had to go home and "rest" and drive over the next day. 

The drive over to Shawnee on Wednesday was an easy drive. It was a bit on the windy side so I just took it easy and didn't rush it.  I was there and set up by 11:00 am and took my time getting set up inside. The weather was not exactly cooperating and was very chilly and windy.  We were supposed to have a cookout in the parking lot, instead we had it inside.  Everyone brought a side dish and if we wanted something other than hot dogs we brought our own meat to cook. I was not sure if the hot dogs were gluten-free so I brought chicken tenders that had been marinating in my special pickle brine. They were very good. I then got help unloading my car and some of the guys and gals helped me get my products to my booth for me to get set up.

I had to drive back to Norman in my car to pick up some parcels that were due to be delivered by UPS and FEDEX, things I needed for my Tastefully Simple seminar that I was giving on Thursday. 

Thursday was a busy day for me as I was getting ready for my seminar that I was giving at 3:00p.m., something I had never done before. The day did not start off well and the rest of the day sort of went down hill from there. The Highway Patrol came to weigh our coaches and I couldn't get my slides in! Oh Bother! In a panic I went and found C.W. Harris, he and Kenny Zwiegel came and helped me get the slides in. It had something to do with my emergency brake switch. Success! Slides came in. Coach was weighed and I didn't have to make any adjustments! Wow! Boy was I lucky! Well I shouldn't celebrate just yet as when I went to reset my jacks and slides I couln't get my jacks to come down or get my slides out. Now what! HELP!!! And help came in the form of a text from some dear friends, John and Maggie Thompson who are fulltime RVers. John said for me to turn on my generator and try to get the jacks down and put the slides out. Yippie!!! It worked! John said I needed to check my house batteries, they may be low on water, I did, they were. They work fine now. Thanks John and Maggie, you are a blessing to me!

I had lots to do before 3:00 pm as I was going to fix Magic Chicken, make a cheese ball then turn it into a sauce for the chicken. I had to go to the store to pick up the chicken and other items that were needed and distilled water for the coach batteries. My biggest challenge was how was I going to get all of the stuff that I was going to need for the demonstration up to the seminar room. Ah...a rolling laundry basket with a handle.  It holds a lot and worked great! What would I do without Walmart.  I had fun and the chicken and sauce turned out wonderful. I think everyone there had a good time as well and enjoyed the food.  I took the broth back to the motorhome and made cooked rice in my pressure cooker, it was so flavorful. I learned to keep it simple and do a little pre-prep for next year. 

I had to drive back to Norman again as I had another parcel being delivered by UPS. Good thing too as it held product from the demonstration earlier in the day and I knew I would have sales Friday and Saturday from people wanting the dip, pickle kit and spices to make Magic Chicken. After getting back from my quick trip to Norman, I had to make refrigerator pickles for my booth and make Gluten-free Brownies for the Hospitality table for the opening of the Rally on Friday morning.  I was up till 1:30am baking brownies. Boy were they good! You would never know they were Gluten-free. They are a part of some of the products I sell.  I sold several packages of the brownie mix over the weekend. 

Friday morning I was up early slicing up my brownies and getting ready for the day. I don't think I could have gotten through the day without my Plexus. I got my plate of brownies to the Hospitality table then got situated at my booth. We stood for the presentation of the colors said the Pledge of Allegiance, Henry led us in prayer.  We had guest speakers welcoming us to Shawnee and telling us a little bit about the city and places to go and see plus were to eat and a welcome from the Mayor. 
Then we were dismissed to the FOOD!  Everything was so good.  We had guests from Illinois, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri and the rest of us from Oklahoma. 

One of the things I had done for Izzy on Friday is to have her washed. The gentleman from REC-WASH is from Texas and did an outstanding job on her.  She looks so nice. I need to get a good coat of wax on her and she will look real spiffy. He washed most of the coaches at the rally.  

The games started at 12:30 and everyone had a great time playing one of the many games, socializing or attending a seminar during the day. The ladies had a lovely tea at 2:00 in the afternoon. I was able to have some nuts. Others were able to have lovely little sandwiches and treats. We dressed up in dresses and hats. I haven't had a formal hat on in years. It was a lot of fun. We had a catered dinner and a fun time with the WITless Players. Afterwards I retired to the coach a little early and crashed as I was tired.

Saturday Morning was a catered breakfast provided by SkyMed, with sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, hash-browns, jelly, juice and coffee. I had everything but the biscuits and gravy. Everything tasted so good, guess I was hungry.  I have used my SkyMed and am glad I made the purchase and know that I am covered if I need it.  There were more games to be played, wisdom to soak up from the older members, purchases to be made, sales to be made and making new friends. We also got to take a tour through a new 2017 Winnebago, what a beautiful rig. Oh dream on Susie...

Dinner for the evening again was catered and
delicious. We had the missing soldier table set, Andy Anderson read the history of the table and the symbolism of how it is set. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. Then we had great entertainment by Dale Cummings - The "C" after dinner.   He sings songs from the 50's 60's and 70's, we all sang along and danced and those who couldn't
dance moved in their chairs.  It was so fun to watch and sing along because we all knew the words. Gee are we all that old? We ended the evening doing the Chicken Dance. Most everyone got up and did the dance. A motion was made the next day that we end the evening with the
Chicken Dance as everyone had such a great time. 

Sunday morning started early as I was hearing thumping and bumping as the early risers were pulling in their hoses, dumping their tanks and getting their rigs ready for travel. There was a continental breakfast waiting for them if they wanted otherwise they headed out to their next destination. At 8:00am was a Sunday Service lead by Henry. It was very inspirational. The rally was brought to a close and the colors retired. There was the individual club yearly meetings afterwards that I stayed for as it is always interesting. The main topic was the National Rally in July and what was going to be served during the walk and greet. 

I got back to my coach, started breaking down and packing things up. I always take my time as it wears me out. I was the next to the last to leave. The drive home was uneventful and I got home around 4:00pm. unhitched Libby and parked Izzy. Put Libby (Honda) in the garage, grabbed my pillow came into the house and vegged out the rest of the evening in my recliner. 

This past Monday found me at the Chiropractor getting a much needed adjustment. I feel so much better. 

I had a great time at the state rally and look forward to the next one. May have to rethink how I want to do my products. It's hard on my body to haul all of the stuff I have. 

If you would like to have a copy of the recipe for the Magic Chicken you can email me at:, I will be more than happy to send it to you.  You can also cruse my website if you wish. I know, shameless plug, but if you fix the Magic Chicken you might want to get the seasonings to fix it. There are so many things you can fix with the chicken. Put in the subject line "Magic Chicken". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.