Thursday, June 22, 2017

Christie Leaves for Home...

My main computer that I like to write on has been down for sometime. Now that it is back up and running and I'm able to get to the pictures I want, I'm ready to finish my sojourn back home from Washington DC  that Christie and I took in the Spring of 2015. Lots of water has passed under the bridge and I have so much to write about.

Wednesday morning, April 8th, had come too soon. Christie got all packed to leave to go back home.  We had a wonderful thirteen days together that went by way too fast. It was grand having her with me as I don't know I would have had the gumption to do the trip alone, but now I had to put on my big girl panties and finish the trip by myself. That meant handling the RV and car all by myself along with the three dogs as well. 

Dulles International Airport

As it was time to leave, she said good bye to her dogs and we loaded her stuff into the car and off we went to Dulles Airport.  We had arrived in plenty of time to get her checked in and wait for her plane.  I gave her a big hug, we took the customary picture
The Customary picture...always!

and I started to leave. I stopped, as I was trying to figure out my Garmin (Hetty) and get my location programmed in, I was starting to pull away when I noticed Christie and waved at her, lo and behold she was coming out of the airport and flagged me down. I stopped and she said we had gone to the wrong airport and she was suppose to fly out of Reagan to which I said, "No, you didn't look at your ticket, you assumed you were flying out of Dulles." Good thing I had not left yet! So we reprogrammed Hetty to go to Reagan National Airport, she hopped behind the wheel and off we went. 
Reagan National Airport


We managed to arrive with time to spare, once again we went through the motions of saying good-bye. This time she made her plane and was off.  I programmed Hetty to get me back to the campground and lo and behold I made it just fine even through rush hour traffic and a traffic accident (not mine)! 

That night I went back to Chevy's Fresh Mex and made sure I got my favorite waitress and had a wonderful meal. 

I spent the next couple of days just chilling around the RV and not straying far from the campground. 

I did not go back into DC, but readied Izzy for the adventure ahead.  Friday I was leaving for Reading Pennsylvania to see my cousin Jill.  It  had been sixty years since I had last seen Jill and I was looking forward to seeing her again.

Just think...A New Adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.