Saturday, November 3, 2018

Han's Point of View...Oh No...Mom Fell...


OH NO! Mom fell Chewie! 
Quit licking her in the face! 
Get away so I can help her! 
She needs my help! 
Steady there mom. 
Okay, I am bracing, ugh, one more time mom. 
I am bracing again. 
This is the hard one, be sure to curl your toe under for proper balance. 
One, two, three up you go there, brace, brace, brace. Yes! We did it!  
Whew! All in a good days work! 
An extra ration for me!

Mom caught her toe on her long pants and went down like a sack of potatoes. Both Chewie and I ran to check on her. Brother gets excited and likes to lick everyone, but in his way he is checking to make sure she was okay and awake. She was. No bones broken just a bruised ego I think. 
I'm getting to show off my skills 
with my trainer Abby
Mom and I have been very busy with my training in basic obedience. I am still having a bit of trouble with the come-sit-heel return command. I will get it though.  Graduation is next week and I am so excited to be moving on to the next class. Intermediate Obedience. I wonder what we will learn in there. 
Mom says it wasn't the prettiest down, 
but I was down.

Mom took me to Sprouts last night and I barked at these funny looking things that were floating in the air. I did not like them. Mom said they were okay and were call balloons. They were swaying all by themselves and shouldn't be. I still barked at them.  Mom says I will learn they are okay. 
I didn't like those floatie things!


Yesterday I got weighed at the veterinarian. I am now 60 lbs.! Mom says I'm getting to be a big boy, that I must have gotten the Great Pyrenees genes as Chewie is not as big as me. 

Last week Chewie, Lizzy, mom and I went to Texas to help Heather, mom's daughter. Mom got stuck behind this car in slow moving to standstill traffic near Frisco, TX for over an hour, she kept saying over and over " Don't hit the Maserati, Susan." 
The car in front of mom, I watched it very carefully!
I got to see a soccer game. Little Andy was playing.  Mom said I was real good. I didn't bark at the boys and didn't chase after the ball, but just sat and watched the game. 
Andy is next to the goal

I am being real good and watching the game 
and making no comments to the ref.

Little Maggie loves to hold my leash and love on me and Chewie. She is finally warming up to Lizzy and will pet and hug her now.  Noah is still a little afraid of me, but I like him. The kids don't understand if they run from me I will chase them because I want to play with them. I am a cattle dog and will knock them down, it's what I do. Mom tells them not to run, but kids will be kids.  

Yours truly, Han Solo

Miss Elizabeth Bennet aka Lizzy,
yes we were on a Jane Austen kick when 
we named her as we already had a 
Fitzwilliam Darcy aka Fitz
Chewbacca aka Chewie

Chewie, Lizzy and I got our Halloween kerchiefs on for the big day but mom said not to worry, no one ever comes to our house anymore to trick or treat. So we all sat around and watched "Call the Midwife," well mom did, Chewie and I slept through it as did Lizzy. Mom said that the Texas crew got all dressed up for Halloween and that I would be scared. What do you think? 
A Disney Halloween! They all look scary to me.

We have OU football this evening against Texas Tech. I know mom will be watching, the rest of us not so much, however I will be curled up next to mom in her recliner while she scratches my head and ears. Ah heaven! Boomer Sooner!
🐾


Mom here...
I couldn't be more pleased with Han and the way he helped me when I fell. I prayed he would be able to do the job I had been training him for and he has more than exceeded my expectations. I was so proud of him and for him to be only 6 months old and not fully grown.  Helping when I fall is only part of his training. As we progress he will learn many more tasks. He is an exceptional dog and I thank my luck stars for him. Thanks Donna for posting his picture on Facebook and Thank you Rodney for having such and outstanding puppy for me.
Han as a puppy, who could resist that sweet face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.