Friday, July 27, 2018

Han Solo...Did you say HAN SOLO...And CHEWBACCA

When Bear crossed the Rainbow Bridge



I said I would not get another dog. Then two months later Christie lost our most beloved Fitzwilliam Darcy most unexpectedly.


He died on a Saturday without warning and she had him cremated on a Sunday. She lives in an area where there is no place to bury him. Several days later on Facebook a dear friend posted the most adorable picture of this little fellow. I instantly fell in love with that little face. I don't know why, but I did. Again I reminded myself I did not want another dog but the irresistible pull of this little fellows face was too much!
Han Solo at 4 weeks

Christie was coming into town later in the week for a work related thing and would be staying for a bit. So I made arrangements on Thursday with the owner to meet at Lions Park after she got into town on Friday and dropped her car off at Firestone to be worked on, to meet this little fellow. I also asked for him to bring another puppy. He had just the perfect little fellow in mind.  We got there and she took her big dog Lizzy for a walk and I waited for the puppies. They arrived! Christie put Lizzy up and came over to the car to meet the puppy and was shocked to see two! I told her I had a surprised for her. She was expecting to see only one, the one for me. However I had the gentleman bring one for her. I knew she was heartbroken over Fitz and I knew a new puppy would not only help her, but help Lizzy as well. This little guy was precious.

Chewie at 8 weeks
We took them both! Besides, they were free and already had their first puppy shots.  Their parents are...Daddy, full blood Queensland Blue Heeler...Mother, Half Great Pyrenees-Half Labrador.

We brought them home. Christie got out Fitz's old wire crate and cleaned it up for the puppies to stay in (That is why you never throw anything away even after 10 years). We washed bedding and towels. Purchased puppy food and new toys and treats. Cleaned out past dog dishes and water bowls and made them comfortable.

The next thing to do was to name them. We are big Marvel Fans and Started to Name them Bucky and Steve. I would have Bucky and Christie would have Steve, but as the evening wore on the names didn't fit the personality of the dogs. Her dog chewed everything including my hands and arms (I looked like a pin cushion) and my dog was a complete little rogue. Hmmm, who did we know that fit that combination other than Chewbacca and Han Solo! It just fit! And so they were named! Han and Chewie!
Two Rouges of a Galaxy Far, Far Away



Our two rouges

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.