Monday, February 9, 2015

Packing Izzy...

I got Izzy out of the RV shop Friday only to take her back to Chad's Car Care to have the generator oil changed and a new filter put in.  While waiting for Izzy to be serviced, my friend Ed and I grabbed a quick bite and went over to McClain's RV and picked up a new sewer hose, clear sewer elbow
No leaks with this get up!
To see the yucky stuff with


and a Trip Journal. On the way back to Chad's I saw the UPS truck at Kjelshus and wondered if they had delivered my surge protector,
So I don't loose my appliances
they did so I got that and then Ed dropped me off at Chad's as he had another appointment with OU and Wyoming wrestling. After Chad was done with her, I headed her down to Johnson Road exit on I-35 to Klassic Cars located in the old red roofed Stuckey's building and Darrel Lester. Darrel has been doing our cars body work for over 30 years and there is no one else I trust to do work on my vehicles. Since T & W Tire is going to pay for it, so much the better.  The other part of the fender
A zippy way to hold
something together.
started to come off so Darrel drilled 4 holes and zip tied it so it would stay together for now.


The wind was atrocious and I had never driven in those kinds of conditions with anything that big. Let me just say it was not fun by any measure, a lot of movement in the steering wheel. I did get home safe and sound though, non worse for wear so to speak.
Izzy and her new flag sitting pretty in the driveway

I have a single lane drive-way that widens to hold at least six small cars.  Yesterday I needed to back Izzy in so I could have the coach door facing the house. I have experience backing trailers and such but this was my first attempt to back a 36 ft. motor home. Several people suggested that I pull up facing east and back her in that way to avoid the tree by the drive. As one would say, I made the attempt...FAILURE!  I pulled down the street and turned her around, pulled her back around the corner in front of my house facing west. I started the backing process, got part way into the drive. put her
Right on the edge!
into forward, straightened out the wheels, pulled into our neighbors driveway, straightened the wheels some more, slipped the ole girl into reverse and eased my way into place.

Can you say...HIGH FIVE!!!!!!! At the top of your lungs! It was a thing of beauty.

Saturday morning I went back into Izzy and started cleaning some more and then the shopping bug hit me.  I only needed 2 items but ended leaving with over 47 items.  Let's just say things are more color
Love Bath Sheets!
New Colors!


coordinated now.
The Monster Hand Vac
The kids gave me a Monster hand vacuum that is a hand held tool with attachments.  My big house vacuum is too heavy to be lugging around. While shopping, I saw a nice little Bissell vacuum with

My new Vacuum 
a beater bar and attachments for $39.00. It's only eleven pounds and space saving. It has a lot of power and pulled a ton of dirt out of the carpet.  It just may do the trick. I still use the hand vacuum the kids got me for quick pick-ups. Other than oiling down all the wood, it only takes about 20 minutes to clean the inside of Izzy. NICE! 


I put a CD into the CD player and listened to the soundtrack from Love Actually.  I discovered I could do some great slow dancing in my rig, tons of room, just wish I had my dancing partner to dance with.

I got my front TV working, huge accomplishment for me since electronics and I don't seem to get along.

I like all my new fixtures in Izzy, they look great and somehow they all match! How that happened I don't know.  My new shower hose is really stiff and I guess I am going to have to run some hot water through it to get it to loosen up. 

Sunday, Ben and I went to Sam's to get a new mattress for me. Luckily I don't have to cut the end off.  Since it is foam, it compresses when the slide
New Mattress Queen Size
comes in.  The up-side is the mattress was on sale and I got $100.00 off!  YES!!!


Ben put in the dorm refrigerator in were the washer dryer combo was to
My dorm fridge
go. It fits there as snug as a bug in a rug! I also found out my air conditioner works rather well as it started getting rather warm inside. Ben also showed me how to let down the table in the dining area to make a bed.
Great place for the boys to sleep!


Washing new sheets, towels, mattress pad,etc. to go in Izzy. So much to do.   

Well my back has had it for today, time to feed the dogs, have a bite of dinner and watch a bit of Downton Abbey. 

Happy Trails...






2 comments:

  1. Hi Susie!
    Congrats!! I am so proud of all you have done and learned in your new journey in life!! I hope you will plan a trip in my area so I can see you and Izzy!!
    Keep up the great work! Love you! Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eve! It surly has been a learning experience. I have so much to learn yet. I will get the hang of this yet!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.