Saturday, February 28, 2015

Learning The Ropes...

Its been rather quiet here due to the weather.  Lots of snow and clouds.  I've been staying at my daughter's house to help with early morning appointments since she is not yet able to drive.  

We had a big snow storm in which I made my way out to the RV park where Izzy is parked before it hit, checked my propane levels and set up heaters inside the rig. All of them on low of course but able to keep things warm.  I need to make a propane run but everything is so wet and yucky that the electric heaters will have to suffice until I can see dryer ground. As for cooking, the microwave does just fine. I found out that propane trucks will not come to fill motor homes, however propane is cheaper here than in Oklahoma, $3.00 a pound. 

The doggies seem to have adjusted to confined living. When the first snow hit with a layer of sleet underneath, I tethered them to the 12 foot lead and sent them out the door and then shut the lead in the door. They did their business and made a hasty retreat back into Izzy. 
Andy getting his coat put on by Dad...Wiggle Worm!

Noah holding still for Dad...

All the boys ready to build a snowman and
have snowball fights!
Great Snowman!
Sad demise!
J and the boys built a wonderful snowman. He looked like the Cat in the Hat, but he met a terrible demise the next day due to warmer temperatures. Getting the coats on two wiggly excited boy was a chore for dad. Maggie got to "see" her first snow!
Maggie's first snow at 1 week old.

I managed to get two of my three slides in, but made the mistake of leaving my big slide out and now there is a snow and ice wedged on top and the slide will not come in at the top. I will have to wait until it melts to bring in the slide before the next ice storm.  All of this is a learning process.  

I have lost 7 lbs and my blood sugar is coming down due to it.  Lots of up and down here at the house running after the boys and holding little Miss Maggie.

My back and hips were hurting so bad I could barely move. J literately made an appointment for me without my knowledge with the Chiropractor and took me.  My back from my waist to my tailbone was out of place as well as my hips.  After 4 appointments I feel better, but will still have to have surgery to relieve the spinal stenosis problem. 

At the moment I am doing some laundry and getting ready for a one day trip to Dallas tomorrow for a Tastefully Simple training. I will be getting to taste our new Spring and Summer line that is now ready for online orders. I'm making rustic beer bread this afternoon to go with dinner.  It is so good and so simple. My grandson Noah will help me.  He loves to cook. 

Time to fold laundry and get some things done around here.

As for me, life is in the simple lane!

Happy Trails...


3 comments:

  1. Dr suess hat was what I was going for! A friend on facebook said the death of a snowman pic looked like something from a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good snowman! Thanks for helping out mom!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.