Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Baby Shower...Live and Learn...

Lots of food for everyone
Shabby Chic Diaper Cake
I just got back from a quick trip down south for Miss Maggie's Baby Shower.  We had a wonderful time and little Miss got some beautiful items for her wardrobe. Little girls are a whole lot different to shop for than little boys.  Lots has changed since my two were little, that's for sure. 


Heather's Wrist-let
I love this onesy!
The theme of the shower was Shabby Chic. Baby colors are yellow and grey. Jade Lewis out-did herself as did the other hostesses. It was just lovely.  Jade is a very talented woman and a blessing to her friends. The other Grandma, Irene,  provided a lot of the food and I provided the corsage for Heather and some of my Tastefully Simple dips and beer bread. The other hostesses added their own special touches to the festivities. 

I now know why I don't like to drive at night...I fall asleep! Had to fight to stay awake coming back home Monday night.  

This morning my friend Ed, picked me up and we made the trek to Oklahoma City to pick up Izzy from Chad's Car Care and take her to Kjelshus RV Repair. After I got to Kjelshus, I learned that he doesn't do oil changes for the generator.  Hmm! When I pick up Izzy on Friday, I will be taking her back to Chad's for him to change out her generator oil. 

She loved getting out on the road this morning and didn't even protest although I'm sure she would have liked to have hit the open road and "let loose" so to speak, instead of having to go around the corner to the next appointment.  She reveled in getting new brakes, a lube job, oil change, windshield wipers, new fluid in her wheel bearings and drive train lubed. She was just shuddering with happiness as I fired her up.  

I can already tell she is going to be a fun vehicle to drive and explore the USA and Canada in. 


My bathroom sink faucet
Commode
At Kjelshus, she is getting a new commode, lights fixed, new receptor for the pigtail that goes to the toad, new bathroom sink faucet (Ed and I made a quick trip to Home Depot and picked one up), sun visor repaired and her height determined.  I don't want to take her top off when going under some of these low train trestles and bridges. Kjelshus is even ordering me a Progressive
Surge Protector
50 amp surge protector for less than Amazon's price. I also placed an amazon order for a new Oxygenics Shower fixture
Oxygenics Shower Fixture
which will be installed once it arrives in the next day or two.


Later on in the year I will get the refrigerator fixed and the blower motor for the rear air-conditioner fixed.  It takes time to get everything done, but when done Izzy will be quite happy to be back in tip top condition!

I was worried about finding pure gas for Izzy. I really don't have to worry about it as there are tons of stations that have it available, who knew, now if I can just get her under their awnings. I did come to find out there are fewer pure gas stations in the north than what I imagined, so I will have to be mindful of that when I travel.  

All in all Izzy is coming together nicely.  Once I get her back I will start packing her for my trip to Texas and the birth of my newest Grandchild, Miss Maggie.

Until then...Happy Trails!

4 comments:

  1. Izzy is going to be brand new when you are done. You are doing great getting her fixed up. Congrats on the upcoming birth of Maggie. Love the name! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to start packing her this weekend. Have to go over my notes on how to set up the Blue Ox tow system.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are very busy!
    Good luck on getting started on your magnificent trip. We will take our new to us RV (no name yet) on a shakedown trip next week. May be heading to Texas also.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chad's Car Care did a great job of checking everything out for me on Izzy. I highly recommend them. For all he did the total came to $998.98. Will get new shocks on in March.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.