Friday, February 20, 2015

The Long Wait is Over...In More Ways Than One...

Meet our little Miss Maggie!
Last Friday morning I was up and loading the last of what I thought I needed into Libby my Honda. I did a once through the house, unplugged the coffee maker and such, loaded the dogs into Izzy, did a quick walk around the whole set up, locked the house up and fired up Izzy and pulled out of the drive-way at 11:30 a.m. heading southbound on I-35 to Texas. The drive was tiring as I was bucking a good head wind of about 15 to 20 mph winds. Not fun at all, but we made it to the RV park in White Oak, Texas at about 6:45 p.m. All in all it was not a bad drive.  The only mishap was somehow I ran my battery down and could not start my car. J my "son" came and rescued me after my daughter was unable to get the car jumped. 

Saturday was spent trying to get things stowed away inside and meeting the new neighbors, Sandy and Thomas.  They are very nice and Thomas was a huge help in getting me set up with showing me how to flush the RV anti-freeze from my lines and get  fresh water into my system.  He also help solve a water problem with a water line running to a non-working refrigerator.  He also showed me how to set up my sewer system.  Then he helped me with my furnace. Now I am all good and in the process of figuring things out. 

Managing the dogs has been interesting.  Fitz is learning that he is not the big dog, I am. I have had to make a couple of shopping runs to pick supplies up like a 30 ft. covered steel wire to let the big dogs out to do their business and a pooper scooper, as we are required to keep the poop picked up around our site.

Monday afternoon J picked me up from the house where I had been watching the boys while he and Heather were at Dr. appointments and took me to a Chiropractor to try and help me get some relief for the pain in my back.  Afterwards we went to Jucy's Hamburger Joint and had dinner.  I went back to the RV and was getting ready for bed when the phone rang at 11:00 p.m. and I was informed that Heather's water had broken and they were headed to the hospital and could I go and watch the boys. I got redressed, let the dogs out one more time and penned them in my bedroom.  Off I went to watch the boys. We curled up on the couch and watched 101 Dalmatian's. J's parents walked in the door and said that I need to go to the hospital that Heather had asked for me.  Off I went, heading for Good Shepherd Hospital.  
All ready to meet the family
Auntie Christie snuggling with
her new niece
Welcome to the world Margaret Sophia "Maggie"

Getting into the hospital after hours is like getting into a Federal Court House. Once inside I made my way up to Labor and Delivery. Heather was in the same room she had for Andy and the same nurse. Since she had eaten just a few hours previous we had to wait until 2:00 a.m. for
Big Brothers waiting for little sis Maggie
    
Noah holding Maggie for the first time


Andy holding Maggie for the
first time
Daddy and his little princess!
little Miss Maggie to make her appearance.  She was due to come Ash Wednesday but had other plans.  A girl with her own mind.  
Miss Maggie and Mamma
Mother and daughter are doing well and came home yesterday.  Big brother is lavishing lots of kisses on Miss Maggie. Andy is not quite sure what to do with her. I know one thing...she is going to have to hold her own with her brothers. Somehow I think she will. 

Happy trails...

Maggie and her brothers at home

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting week! Congratulations on your maiden voyage and your new granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all! She is such a cutie, as are those big brothers. Glad things are going well and you are getting help from fellow RVers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.