Monday, October 15, 2018

Han's Point of View...First Basic Obedience Class


I missed my first obedience class at K9 University, as I was out of town visiting my brother Chewbacca and sister Lizzy. Mom was dog sitting while Christie was on a recruiting trip. So I had some making up to do, but I am a quick learner so it was not a problem. 

Abbi our trainer is real nice and signaled that class was getting ready to start as I was outside playing with several dogs in the large training area. Since it was nasty weather, class was going to be inside. We worked on the down, stay, and the inside turn. Mom did real well in getting me to heel and sit. She had to work a bit to get me to lay down as I am a bit stubborn on going down, but I got there. The inside turn is such a breeze, Mom didn't have any trouble perfecting it. 

There are a lot of dogs in my class. There is another Han and he is a BIG German Shepard about a year old. There are several German Shepherds, a Husky, an Irish Setter and lots of other breeds. 

Mom talked to a cool guy who rescues Golden Retrievers. He is the one that has the Irish Setter. She is a real sweetheart, about the same age as me. 

The weather was starting to turn nasty again, earlier that morning a tornado hit Midwest City. Needless to say my senses were on heighten alert.  Thank goodness there were no more tornados that day. 
🐾

Mom here...
Han is doing really well with his obedience training. He is such a quick learner. I am really pleased with his progress. Now if I can just get him to quit barking at every little sound outside I will be a happy camper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.