Saturday, October 13, 2018

Han's Point of View...New Butts to Sniff

WOW, I have butt load of butts to sniff, no pun intended. Layla, Rosie, Katie & Kiwi and I am the only boy, how did that happen. But it wasn't for long as this was not a social call. 
Mom and Me, aren't I a handsome guy!

Mom and I took a road trip to Tulsa to help her brother out when he was having a surgery Monday. We had to get up super early and be at Hillcrest Hospital near downtown Tulsa by 6:00 a.m. I got to meet the receptionist, nurses and doctors and see how Day Surgery works.  How fun, I was on my best behavior. 

Being in Day Surgery was very interesting as it was very busy with lots of people walking back and forth. I got to see an IV inserted, that must have hurt but Uncle Frank didn't flinch.  I got to meet the anesthesiologist, nice lady.
Day Surgery and all the hard working nurses
I decided to curl up under my mom's chair so I would be out of the way, too many people walking in and out of small quarters. Finally Uncle Frank was taken back to surgery. 

Now we have to go out to the waiting room, lots of people out there, more than before. I had to go to a green spot so mom took me on this moving platform thing. There was this deep dark space from solid ground to the platform that I didn't want to cross, but mom said it was okay. Mom presses a button on the wall and this platform thing seems to be still yet it moves. How can that be? It confuses me and I try to hug the floor. It makes me real nervous. Then the doors open. Boy there are a lot of strange things in this world.
Once outside mom finds me a green spot away from everything so I can do my business. Then we went back inside again to the moving platform and once again I had to cross the dreaded dark space, up we went to Day Surgery, again I had to cross another dreaded dark space. Will it ever stop?  

There is this strange bell that keeps chiming and people come through a door that opens and closes magically. Ah, that moving platform thing, mom calls it an elevator. I call it nuts! I'll take the stairs any day. 

This lady came out and called a persons name, she had on funny clothes and a real funny looking hat on her head that I didn't think should be there so I let her know and barked at her. Mom said it was okay that it was a hat used during surgery. I remember now, Uncle Frank had one on. 

A nice nurse came out and asked if I would like a warm blanket to curl up on. Well heck yeah! It felt nice.  Then suddenly an man with a plaid jacket and a funny hat on came out of nowhere and that frighten me so I barked at him too. Just once though. Just thought I would let him know I was there. Again mom had to hush me up. Sure like this warm blanket, think I will curl up and take a nap right here. 
The nice warm blanket the nurse gave me, ah warmth!

Pretty soon the Doctor came and called us back to the consultation room.  Uncle Frank was out of surgery and doing well and they were getting him ready to go home. 
We went back to where he was and he was just about ready to go. Mom and I went out to get the car and pulled around to the front of the Day Surgery building and out came Uncle Frank being pushed in this contraption. Mom called it a wheelchair. Looks like a torture chair to me. We went to the pharmacy to pick up his prescription but it wasn't ready so mom took Uncle Frank home and then went back to get his meds. 

She got him all settled and then we struck out for 
Chouteau, that's another story...
🐾

Mom here...Han did really well at the hospital. Everyone was so nice and the nurses gushed over him. Several came up to us to tell us about their dogs. Several wanted to know what kind of dog Han was.  He is 1/2 Blue Heeler, 1/4 Great Pyrenees and 1/4 Lab. A lot of people in the waiting room were very interested in him.  He is quite the ice breaker. In his own special way he seemed to calm one person down, who was getting ready to have a surgery, by just his presence. I could see the anxiety melt from them as they talked to him. Cheeky little pup. Han is 6 months old now and a whopping 50 lbs. And so the adventure continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.