Saturday, April 29, 2017

#atozchallenge...W-Wildflowers

Last week when I was driving home from Texas the wildflower festival was beginning. Along the roads I traveled and not the major highways, but the back roads the wildflowers were in vibrant bloom. Oh how glorious!

Mile after mile along the shoulders of the roads Indian Paint Brush, Texas Bluebonnets, Black Eyed Susan's, Antelope Horn, Evening Primrose and I could go on and on. So much to see. 

The further I drove north to Oklahoma the less the wildflowers, how sad.  As I entered Oklahoma I saw one little patch of Bluebonnets blooming after that almost nothing. 

This has inspired me to turn my yard at home in to a wildflower haven. 

1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave a message when you visit so I know someone is reading this blog.